- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 4 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Measure flour and baking powder into bowl
- Add butter and use a hand mixer to blend butter into flour until well mixed
- Stir in one egg and the milk
- Mix until a soft dough is formed
- Spread into an un-greased 8″ or 9″ square pan, pressing with fingers to cover the bottom with an even layer of dough.
- Spread raspberry jam over the dough evenly.
- Stir together the remaining egg, butter, sugar, coconut and vanilla. Spread on top of the jam.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool, then cut into squares