- 12 oz package of meltable milk or dark chocolate (option chocolate chips)
- 20-24 large pretzel rods (about one package)
- Candy eyeballs
- Red candy pearls – if you cannot find these, red M&M’s work
- 16 oz package of pretzel twists
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the meltable chocolate into a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate has completely melted. (If you do not have meltable chocolate pieces, you can use chocolate chips and heat them over a double broiler until they’re melted and smooth).
- Slowly dip one end of the pretzel rods into the chocolate, making sure to cover about half of the rod. Place the rod on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place two candy eyes and a red pearl on the chocolate. Set them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden. Set the melting chocolate aside, as you will use this later.
- On a cutting board, gently cut pieces of the pretzel twists to make the antlers. Many pieces will break, but you’ll only need enough pieces so that each reindeer has two.
- After ten minutes, take the baking tray out of the refrigerator and set aside. If the melting chocolate has hardened, reheat it in the microwave in 30 second increments. Once the chocolate has reheated, pour it into a piping bag or sandwich bag and cut the tip off of the bag.
- Turn the rod around to the back side and pipe a small amount of chocolate onto the back. Place the pretzel “antlers” into the chocolate. Once you have affixed all of the antlers to the rods, return the baking tray to the refrigerator and let set for another 10 minutes. Remove after 10 minutes and serve