Gramma Macklem’s Light Fruit Cake
- 1 cup margarine (butter)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tin (15 oz) crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- 1/4 lb citron peel
- 1 lb sultana raisins
- 1/2 cherries
- 1 cup almond half’s
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 salt
- Cream margarine and sugar together, add eggs.
- Coat fruit, excluding pineapple with flour. Add dry ingredients to this mixture alternating with pineapple.
- Pour into 10 x 7 x 2.5 pan, lined with tin foil over the sides for easy removal.
- Bake at 275 C for 2 1/2 hours.