- 1 1/4 cup unsifted flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold margarine or butter
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz. milk chocolate bar, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil; set aside
- In bowl, combine 1 cup flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press on bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes
- In another bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, egg, remaining 1/4 cup flour, vanilla and baking powder. Mix in chocolate pieces and nuts. Spread over prepared crust
- Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool. Use foil to lift out of pan. For hearts, cut with heart-shaped cookie cutter or, with knife, cut around waxed paper heart shape. Or cut into bars.
- Decorate with icing or gels if desired. Store covered.