- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Mix sugar, cocoa, and oil together in a bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll or scoop chilled dough into 1-inch balls and coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with remaining dough.